[PD] transparency in models

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:55:29 CEST 2008

hmm, something in your patch is crashing my pd, the transparency is also
not working correct, in some situations the render order is still wrong
(when circles are rotated and the scene as a whole) and I also get
flicker when the render order changes.
plus, this still does not help me with wavefront models...
but in theory something like changing the render order is the solution.
marius.

Jack wrote:
> Hello Roman, Marius, Niko and list !
> Here a small patch for this problem.
> Sorry, i have not enough time for a patch with dynamic creation of geos.
> ++
>
> Jack
>

> Le 5 avr. 08 à 13:06, Roman Haefeli a écrit :
>
>> On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 12:47 +0200, niko wrote:
>>> hi H, list
>>> in my experience the proper order of objects is
>>
>> as far as i understand marius, he doesn't have troubles with
>> implementing transparency in general. the problem is rather, that if you
>> have a cube for example and you apply a texture with transparency to it,
>> it works well, but if you rotate the cube around 180°, transparency
>> doesn't work anymore. or more correct: transparent parts of the plane in
>> front don't show parts of the plane behind, but of the background (or
>> whatever was rendered first _and_ is behind the front plane).
>>
>> sorry, if i repeat myself, but i have troubles finding a better
>> explanation.
>>

>> roman
>>

>>> gemhead
>>> I