[PD] externals with same names

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 7 01:16:54 CEST 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 4:53 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>> 2: don't use the full Pd-extended but strip it down to your needs (i
>> personally use a barebone Pd and add 3 or so libraries - i still
>> have an
>> overview about what is loaded...)
>
> I'm sometimes thinking about making a pd-condensed fork of pd-extended
> which includes only externals and abstractions without nameclashes. ;)

Since the pd-externals Debian package is now defunct (last released
in Sarge), I think we can safely clean up the 'flatspace' section.
We could remove all objects from 'flatspace' that are currently in
any of the libraries that are loaded by default in Pd-extended.

I think that will not break any backwards compatibility, except for
people who have explicitly used [flatspace/myobject].  I am guessing
that is very rare.

Anyone want to take this on?

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli