[PD] VOSIM - Voice Synth and similar

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 7 12:57:58 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Luigi Rensinghoff hat gesagt: // Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:

> I came across that email, when i searched the archive list for voice-
> synths for PD.
>
> For a Project i would like to have a synthesized "singing" voice.

VOSIM is the name of a very basic algorithm for formant synthesis. I
posted an abstraction which does classical VOSIM a while ago called
vosim~.pd. To make it sing or speak, some more work is needed, however, and
you may be better of with some of the readymade speech synthesis
objects by Bryan.

> Concerning [paf~], the readme tells that it is a Percussion Detector ??

Which README??

paf~ as I know it it also a formant synthesis object (PAF for
"phase-aligned formants"). For patent reasons it's not part of Pd ATM.
It will probably come back when the patent expires (in 2010?). Check
Miller's book for a description of the algorithm and a slightly
limited implementation as an abstraction is part of the docs.

Ciao