[PD] VOSIM - Voice Synth and similar

Luigi Rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Mon Apr 7 14:41:04 CEST 2008

Hi Frank, thanks for your helpful remark...

Am 07.04.2008 um 12:57 schrieb Frank Barknecht:

> Hallo,
> Luigi Rensinghoff hat gesagt: // Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
>
>> I came across that email, when i searched the archive list for voice-
>> synths for PD.
>>
>> For a Project i would like to have a synthesized "singing" voice.
>
> VOSIM is the name of a very basic algorithm for formant synthesis. I
> posted an abstraction which does classical VOSIM a while ago called
> vosim~.pd. To make it sing or speak, some more work is needed,

Would you mind posting it again ???

Well, i dont want it to really "sing", i would just like to have some
"human-like" - sounds..that
are "synthesized" ... lets say "vocaloid"-formant sounds

i tried "flite", but thats to much "spoken" for my needs

> however, and
> you may be better of with some of the readymade speech synthesis
> objects by Bryan.

Yes i saw that "vosim" patch mentioned, but i think it is not
accessible anymore in the pd-archive...

>> Concerning [paf~], the readme tells that it is a Percussion
>> Detector ??
>
> Which README??

CVS-externals/by-author/tgrill/pd/extra/paf~

contents:

----------------
Paf is copyright (C) 1999 Miller Puckette.
Permission is granted to use this software for any purpose, commercial
or noncommercial, as long as this notice is included with all copies.

NEITHER THE AUTHORS NOR THEIR EMPLOYERS MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED,
IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SOFTWARE!

----

This is the README file for the "paf" percussion detector.  This
software
is available from http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp as part of the "toys"
library.  - msp at ucsd.edu
------------------

have a nice day...

bye

> paf~ as I know it it also a formant synthesis object (PAF for
> "phase-aligned formants"). For patent reasons it's not part of Pd ATM.
> It will probably come back when the patent expires (in 2010?). Check
> Miller's book for a description of the algorithm and a slightly
> limited implementation as an abstraction is part of the docs.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                                     _
> ______footils.org__

Luigi Rensinghoff
luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
skype:gigischinke