[PD] externals with same names

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:46:16 CEST 2008

I am totally in for that, too. but how would you do it in practice?
would you just rely on a fixed order of path variables which would
ensure that a certain object is preferably loaded when you create an
object, or would you just not ship some of the externals or rename them?
I always thought the biggest problem to solve the nameclashes was that
nobody ever got an overview of which objects are really existing in the
different libraries. now more and more people get involved and sift
through the libraries, so it should be possible to find all nameclashes
and vote one as the default for pd-extended.
what about an irc meeting maybe next tuesday
6pm(EU)/12pm(east)/9am(west). and then the usual proceedings: wikipage,
finding volunteers to implement it, lazy consensus and done. (sorry for
my militant course, I know it will never work like that...)
marius.