[PD] sms external

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:05:39 CEST 2008

Definitally am, although it will probably be all summer before there
are any pd externals.  This is because the first thing I'm doing is
taking old SMS analysis/synthesis code from
http://www.iua.upf.es/~sms/ (the one for SGI/NeXTStep that Xavier
Serra wrote for his Ph.D) and turning it into a library that works in
real-time on modern day platforms... then come the externals.  The
basic idea idea is to create a buffer that holds the model and allows
editing and extraction of the data, while there is a seperate
synthesis external that can operate in real-time on the buffer.  And
lastly, an analysis external that will work on a sound file or pd
array.

Also, I have been spending the last couple days finishing up a patch
called "Trax" that will do resynthesis of sinusoidal models in
real-time.  It just needs a little more cleaning up and I'll post it
to the forum..  but has its problems, which is why I'm going to be
working on the libsms stuff.

Glad to know there are others interested in this, and I would
appreciate any opinions, as there are many ways to approach this
project.

rich