[PD] makefilename crash

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Apr 8 12:07:16 CEST 2008

Just discovered this last night. Should I file a bug report?

When a float or numeric message (is this the same type as float
automatically?) is sent directly to [makefilename %s_PD.aif], PD
freezes, and then segfaults/crashes on the next input of any kind. I
know this is not how this object should be used, but still PD should be
robust enough to handle this kind of type error without totally dying.

Simply sending a text-message to the same object without using a
[symbol] object to set the type results in a far more benign:

error: makefilename: no method for 'dave'

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista