[PD] motion detector (PIR...?)

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:55:50 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you had any experience hacking motion detectors,
the kind that is used in stores to make a sound when you enter or in lights
that turn on when you pass by... the key of course is that it should have a
digital (on/off spirit).
So far i have understood that they are called 'PIR motion switch'. I am
looking to not do so much work (building and testing a sensor), but to get
one i can hack & hook to a board and get 1's and 0's so any comment is great
and I'll probably need 10-12 so the cheapest the better (they seem to be in
a lot of lights so they should be cheap!!)

I am looking for something similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-Sensor-Plug/dp/B000BSLTNI/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1207729271&sr=1-19

i suppose these should work too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTION-DETECTOR-SENSOR-ALARM-CHIME-CUSTOMER-ALERT-NEW_W0QQitemZ300214248030QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.thewholesalediscountstore.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/32461/vpid/3965547/vpcsid/0/rid/126381