[PD] [GEM-dev] new w32 binary!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 10 09:41:01 CEST 2008

pat at mamalala.org wrote:
> Hi!
>
> IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> a écrit :
>
>> yesterday i have managed to compile Gem on W32 (surprisingly simple that
>> was)
>>

>  Can I ask which compiler do you use on w32?

Micro$oft Visual Studio 2003
(i know it's outdated, but it's the newest VS we have here at the
university; gcc rulez)

>> this version has been compiled with DirectShow9 and QuickTime7.2 support.
>> support for tablets has been further removed.
>>
> I guess they have to be both installed for having Gem loading.

you don't need QuickTime installed; it will be autodetected on load and
used accordingly.
i don't know about DirectX, but i guess you will need it beforehand.

note: i should have written DirectX-9 instead of DirectShow-9 to avoid
confusion.

>> please test and report any bugs.
>>
>  Thank you, I'll give many tries!

cool :-)