[PD] Ambisonics for Immersive Environment

noisternig at iem.at noisternig at iem.at
Thu Apr 10 12:58:01 CEST 2008

Hi Milo,

The IEM's ambisonics approach (binaural or with loudspeakers) is very
consistent and from my point of view very well programmed (as the
programming involved Thomas, Iohannes, Winfried ....)

The CUBEMixer is a very nice GUI combining sub-busses, direct routing,
ambisonics (for headphones and speakers), room-simulation, etc., and
allows you to work like on a conventional mixing desk.

We've been applying the libraries mentioned above to many artistic and
scientific projects over the last view years. I really can recommend
to using them, as they are pretty stable. The communication with your
applications might be easily implemented using OSC.

Unfortunately I don't know the libraries you mentioned (Amblib,
ambipan, etc.) very well. So please check for other recommendations
too :)

Cheers,

Markus