[PD] [GEM-dev] new w32 binary!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 11 16:53:52 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> There are already a lot of DirectX headers in MinGW, you might not need
> the DirectX SDK at all.  I didn't need the Windows DDK for the HID
> stuff, all of the headers I needed are included in MinGW.  These look
> all relevant:
>
> direct.h
> dxerr8.h
> dxerr9.h
> d3d9.h
> d3d9caps.h
> d3d9types.h

hmm, i don't know. this is what get's included by the relevant files:
dshow.h
qedit.h
streams.h
atlbase.h
atlconv.h
dvdmedia.h

if they are in mingw, i would be happy.

> These would have to be installed on the build machine.  We couldn't
> include them in the SVN.  Just like the Apple builds require XCode.  I
> am guessing it would only be the Quicktime SDK that we'd need to install.

yes, i am only talking about the SDKs here (XCode is an IDE, isn't it?):
packages providing header-files to include and library-files to link
against. nothing that fummels with the registry or the like.
it's fine if we don't have to include them in the pure-data svn.

iirc, last time someone was trying to build gem4win32 with mingw/cygwin
(i think it was thoralf; but i could be mistaken - excuse my ignorance),
they had to patch the DirectShow-headers...

fmga,r
IOhannes