[PD] [GEM-dev] new w32 binary!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Apr 11 20:30:43 CEST 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 10:53 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> There are already a lot of DirectX headers in MinGW, you might not
>> need the DirectX SDK at all.  I didn't need the Windows DDK for
>> the HID stuff, all of the headers I needed are included in MinGW.
>> These look all relevant:
>> direct.h
>> dxerr8.h
>> dxerr9.h
>> d3d9.h
>> d3d9caps.h
>> d3d9types.h
>
> hmm, i don't know. this is what get's included by the relevant files:
> dshow.h
> qedit.h
> streams.h
> atlbase.h
> atlconv.h
> dvdmedia.h
>
> if they are in mingw, i would be happy.

These are:
> dshow.h
> qedit.h
> dvdmedia.h

These are not:

> streams.h
> atlbase.h
> atlconv.h

There are people building DirectShow apps on MinGW, but I don't know
how involved the setup is:

http://home.clara.net/raoulgough/vidmodem/dshow.html
http://www.makesweet.com/bozo/2008/01/24/compiling-directshow-with-
mingw-on-linux
http://www.step.polymtl.ca/~guardia/programming.php

.hc

>> These would have to be installed on the build machine.  We
>> couldn't include them in the SVN.  Just like the Apple builds
>> require XCode.  I am guessing it would only be the Quicktime SDK
>> that we'd need to install.
>
> yes, i am only talking about the SDKs here (XCode is an IDE, isn't
> it?): packages providing header-files to include and library-files
> to link against. nothing that fummels with the registry or the like.
> it's fine if we don't have to include them in the pure-data svn.
>
> iirc, last time someone was trying to build gem4win32 with mingw/
> cygwin (i think it was thoralf; but i could be mistaken - excuse my
> ignorance), they had to patch the DirectShow-headers...
>

> fmga,r
> IOhannes

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White