[PD] audacity and PD problems with Jack

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Apr 13 16:17:58 CEST 2008

Audacity is really lame with Jack. It's [retty lame in general,
actually, but unless something changed recently, the fact that it has no
native Jack support is pretty bad...

I second Andy's vote for Timemachine. Only problem with Timemachine is
that you get a directory full of timecoded recordings that you might
have to rename into something memorable later.

I use Rezound for editing as well, but it's not a good Jack client so
the recording capability isn;t useful. But for destructive editing it's
the best.

ciao,
d.

Andy Farnell wrote:

> Timemachine is a really cool utility.
>
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:46:14 +0200
> altern <altern2 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Could anyone suggest some basic sound recorder that works with jack? I
>> just need to record the jack output, no need for multitrack or editing,
>> just be able to select the sound format, frequency and amplitude maybe.
>>
>> There are some I saw searching with synaptics but I thought maybe
>> someone here has some suggestion.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> enrike

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista