[PD] display lists - was: Re: lua scripting for pd objects

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 19:08:01 CEST 2008

A display list is useful for static geometry which is why it makes sense for
the model object.  It does not make much sense for the Geos that allow the
changing of the vertex data (sphere, cylinder, etc) since the compiling of
the list has to be done for each change which adds overhead.

I think someone did make an example of building a display list per gemhead
and then calling the list for rendering in another.