[PD] "prev" for Data Structures?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:36:13 CEST 2008

Hi all,
How feasible would a "prev" message to [pointer] be (naturally, this
would be the complement to the "next" message, outputting the previous
pointer in the list)?

I'm very keen to make a "scrubbable" sequencer that can be driven by
[line]s rather than the usual [del]-based arrangement, but my current
method of just dumping the entire data-structure on every tick and
searching for elements whose x-value matches the current time requires
twice the CPU I have available.

I thought about mirroring the data-structure and traversing one or the
other depending on direction, but I think this will get untenable
quickly.

Cheers
Luke