[PD] "prev" for Data Structures?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:33:54 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Miller Puckette
<mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Horribly unfeasible -- the data are stored as a singly linked list.
>  Going back would require searching forward from the beginning.
>
>  cheers
>  Miller

I thought as much, thanks for the answer.  Would built-in "search"
methods be any faster than what I describe (dumping all pointers,
[get]ting and [sel]ecting looking for one with a particular value)?

>  Maybe you can use an array field to store your events instead? You can
>  index this by an integer.
>
>  Ciao
>  --
>  Frank

This was on the "tip of my brain" : ).  Thanks for prodding me into
it, I'm trying it out now and I'll let you know how it goes.  It will
also be a natural fit to adding "note layers" that can be toggled on
and off or manipulated individually, so that's cool too.

As an aside, I'd like to start a "ds-abs" collection soon to go
alongside list-abs.  I've got a few in SVN that I'll be splitting out
soon, and it would be great if anyone wants to contribute more.

Cheers
Luke