[PD] installatation path of help-files

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:53:29 CEST 2008

oops, so then all the mess comes from pd-extended...
maybe we should differentiate between "normal" external behaviour and
pd-extended behaviour that could actually be different because it
recompiles the externals and also can relocate help-patches in its own way.
the "normal" way would be to allow the developer to put her files
wherever she wants. and come up with an individual installation method
and probably the need to add a path and lib flag to the startup script
for every external.
but in pd-extended it should only be necessary to add startup flags for
additional libraries that are not already included in pd-ext (like pdj,
or some flext externals). and therefor I think the pd-ext installation
paths should be uniform, either all into library subfolders or none.
one problem remaining is that some help-file paths seem to be hardcoded
in the externals, which I think is not a good idea?
marius.