[PD] pd extended development

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 20:15:07 CEST 2008

Hi,
is it true, that only hans is working on the pd-extended releases? are
there other maintainers?
I got the impression in the past that pd-extended is very useful (and I
personally use it a lot), but development for it is also very cryptical
and almost hidden like a secret. and often things are implemented that
seem to be good ideas, but do not really work (like the whole
path/import stuff).
maybe hans, if you could provide more information and documentation
about pd-extended and how the whole integration of libraries works then
more people would be able to help you and development would be more
consistent. what is the direction that you want to go?
for me pd-extended is the attempt to create a pd distribution that
includes as many as possible external libraries in addition to pd
vanilla. I love most of the things in pd-ext, although there is still a
lot of work that needs to be done...
marius.