[PD] pd extended development

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:26:19 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Lots of people contribute, but I am the person who manages the
> releases.  Any help is welcome.  The path/import/declare stuff is
> currently a half-complete effort of Miller's and mine.

is there a page where this idea is documented? how is it supposed to
work in the future? I still don't know. will I have to include declare
in every patch that I write???

> Basically up until recently, I was pursing Pd-extended as a proof of
> concept for building libraries as standalone binaries in directories
> instead of all compiled into one binary.  I think that clearly works, so
> now it is time to clean things up into a coherent package.

It doesn't work for abbreviations.

> I document what I can here:
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/

thanks.

> I don't really know what else needs to be documented.  One way to find
> out is when people start to contribute, then they find shortcomings that
> we can fill in.

well, it would be nice if there was some documentation of which
libraries and objects are included, how to handle all the path problems,
which paths and libs are loaded by default how to load the other
libs/externals. filessystem layout, platform compatibility, which
libraries do *not* work on which os. what additional features you added
to pd-extended (advanced helpmenu, advanced tcltk interface
(colorscheme...), differences in shortcuts, closing, ..... all that.

marius.