[PD] pd extended development

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 16 19:03:58 CEST 2008

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> sorry, I still don't know exactly what you mean. I think it is the only
> solution to keep libraries in subfolders if we want to solve
> nameclashes. but even if in subfolders, they should be accessible as
> list-abs and not list-abs/list-abs.

Huh? Nameclashes have nothing to do with subfolders per se. A nameclash
is, when two objects have the same name registered in Pd but act
differently. Folders are a way to organize files in a filesystem
(harddisk).

> the thing that I was complaining so loudly is that pd-extended ships all
> these libraries but does not add the paths.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean: Many people would like every
objectclass to be global. OTOH many also want every object in CVS to be
available in pd-extended. The net result then is a lot of nameclashes:
You just cannot get zexy's urn and maxlib's urn loaded into the global
namespace at the same time without a clash. (Actually you cannot even
load them at the same time at all, IIR.)

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht