[PD] installatation path of help-files

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 16 20:15:08 CEST 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 3:16 AM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> The core idea of libdirs is to have everything put into one
>> directory,
>> so all have to do to install a library is drop the folder into a
>> directory that is in the path, then the objects, the help files, the
>> examples, and the manuals will all show up in the right place, and
>
> that's exactly how i imagine it.
>
>> you'll be able to load the library with [import], and use namespace
>> prefixes.
>
> that's not how i imagine it :-)
> Pd can do most of this already without the need for [import].

The libdir format does not in any way require the use of [import]/
[declare], so it looks like we are in complete agreement about the
goals of the library format itself.  Now it's time to implement
it :)  My #1 priority for the rest of this month is to make that
work.  Any help is always appreciated.

Some tasks that would be easy to break out:

- writing the help browser to support this
- writing code to scan to build the lists of help files, examples, etc.
- fixing import/declare to fully support this
- fixing the patch-local namespace stuff to fully support this

I'm going to start with the last two.

----

The arc of history bends towards justice.     - Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.