[PD] [Gem] how to compile for debian stable

Olivier Heinry olivier at heinry.fr
Thu Apr 17 10:35:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

What is the way to go to compile Gem under Debian stable with pix_recording enabled? My guess is that I need to hack the Makefile, but where?

I gave the dist-upgrade a try on some other machine, after struggling quite a lot with the nVidia kernel module, I managed to have a pd-extended with Gem [Pix_record] enabled, unfortunately, looks like DV is broken.

That's why I'm wondering if compiling ad hoc is not better than dist-upgrading and getting back to fight with nVidia at every new kernel release.

++

O.