[PD] dialogue box for quit message

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 19 11:41:20 CEST 2008

i don't think it is a silly question.

afaik, there isn't anything like that already built-in. but it is quite
feasible to program it yourself in pd.

i assume, that you have some event, that is supposed to trigger pd to
quit. instead of directly sending the message 'quit' to pd, you pop up a
subpatch [pd quitdialog] by sending a message 'vis 1' to [s
pd-quitdialog].
this subpatch [pd quitdialog] contains a comment 'do you really want to
quit?' and two buttons, one labelled 'yes' and the other labelled 'no'.
the yes-button triggers the message 'quit'->[s pd] and the no-button
triggers the message 'vis 0'->[s pd-quitdialog] in order to close the
window.

roman