[PD] Cyclone in vanilla?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Apr 22 00:17:09 CEST 2008

Hi Andy,

no worries, just thinking practically rather than wishfully ;-)

Maybe some of the math-heads here can make a contest to see how much of
a PD patch/instrument they could make using ONLY [expr] and [expr~]...
the winner gets a Heineken and a bar of Dial soap, or something .

I only suggested this because [>~] and [<~], which I use to create basic
square waves, were problematic during my workshops for a while,
depending on which flavor of PD the participants installed, and also
whether the OS (or whatever) could handle the Greater Than or Less Than
symbol in the external object name. The only solution seemed to be to
replace these two objects with an [expr~] in my tutorials.

Your mileage may vary.
Best,
d.

--