[PD] Cyclone in vanilla?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 22 09:38:25 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 00:17:09 +0200
> Derek Holzer <derek at umatic.nl> wrote:
>
> > no worries, just thinking practically rather than wishfully ;-)
>
> :) always appreciate a practical attitude
>
> Practically, it's looking more and more like I need to drop
> the wishful thinking that I can write a useful and easy to understand
> textbook based around vanilla Pd.

And instead write an easy-to-understand explanation of how to deal
with the current situation re. externals, namespaces, nameclashes,
library-loading and path-settings when your book is about sound design
first and when a lot of these issues are still in flux? I'd rather use
[expr~] a bit in the book, as your book will definitely outlast the
current situation (from what I've read so far).

Oh, and when [abs~] becomes part of Pd-vanilla, patches using
[markex/abs~], [zexy/abs~], [cyclone/abs~], [creab/abs~] are in
danger.

Note that I also think, the math objects (abs~, pow~ etc.) should be
part of Pd, and probably symbol2list.

Ciao