[PD] Cyclone in vanilla?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 18:56:35 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:38:07 -0700
Miller Puckette <mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> This is a serious problem -- putting a backwards "pow~" into Pd might
> be worse than having none at all.  But writing a book that uses "pow"
> backwards would be even worse than having one in Pd!

Agreed. This is a difficult choice.

Since it would be in core how about ^ or **

I need a day to think about this and ideas are very welcome.
Remember compactness is an issue in the patch diagrams as
they are typeset to tight constraints.

> > BTW it's very important for to know. If it changes after I
> > publish the book I will hire a bounty hunter to bring me
> > the fingers of whoever made the changes :)

Hmm, the dark side reveals fears unworthy of a Jedi. Perhaps
the fear is for the sanity of students, or of those
who will email me every day saying "why doesn't this patch work?"

:)

My instinct says that clarity and consistency are paramount and
if I need to rewrite those parts so be it. We all still have the choice
now, so let's make the decision the right one.

> > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:39:07 -0400
> > marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > btw, are all pow~ objects reversed? right inlet^left inlet?
> > > marius.

> > --
> > Use the source

Use the source