[PD] Cyclone in vanilla?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 20:44:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:30:44 +0200
Steffen Juul <stffn at dibidut.dk> wrote:

> And to be frank, does it really matter if it's one way or the other?

I think it does. No doubt there are exeptions that go against this, but
it seems well established that all Pd objects order arguments like
standard western math operators. For commutative operators it's not
a big deal obviously, but when making sense of [-~] or [/~] then
[**~] (I'm going to optimistically start calling it that :) would
catch out a lot of people (as [pow~] did for me) by breaking the
convention that x {operator} y has a Pd object with x on the left
and y on the right.

--
Use the source