[PD] direction

Ben Carney bfcarney at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 21:31:24 CEST 2008

hello all pd-ers

      not quite sure how to hrase this correctly. I need to be able to
dtermine direction of a string of bangs. more sinply, I need to know
if they are being triggered in the same direction from which they
started, or if they are bing triggered in the opposite. i need
positive or negative numbers respectively. stripping what i have to
the bone is this:

[       hslider             ]
[route 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8]
     |  |   |  |  |  |  |  |
     o o o o o o o o

      [other things]                }
              |                          }
      [that give me]               }
               |                         } -----this stuff is all working well
    [positive numbers]          }
                |                        }
[independent of direction]     }

          [number]

I need to be able to tell direction the slider is being "slid"
relative to the direction it started from.

hope i am being clear.

many thanks in advance

--

Ben C.