[PD] pdp_colorgrid bug

lluisgomez at hangar.org lluisgomez at hangar.org
Fri Apr 25 00:33:12 CEST 2008

S'està citant Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 8:13 AM, ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Lluis,
>>>
>>> Good to hear that you're working on these objects, they are very  valuable
>> contributions that with a little more polish will really  round out Pd's
>> capabilities.
>>>
>>> As for updating this, I think pdp_colorgrid is currently part of
>>> Yves' pidip
>> code directories.
>>
>> the new version of colorgrid doesn't need anymore
>> to bundle the image (colorgrid.pnm) file in the package,
>> but it introduces a new dependency to the tk-img library,
>> and i don't know of the availability of this library
>> on every platform,
>> for now i'm sure it's not listed in pd's dependencies...
>> not sure it's the way to go.
>>
>> second, when you build pidip from source,
>> it defines the path to that image as :
>> #define COLORGRID_IMG PWD"/patches/images/colorgrid.pnm"
>> that insure a compiled PIDIP will find the image..
>>
>> when it's build in extended, i don't know which path should be given here,
>> as i don't know of a standard path for shared files in pd-extended,
>> well, basically the simplest thing is to put the right path here in SVN,
>> and pidip will keep its way of compiling it.
>
> How about using the built-in image support?  It means the file has to
> be a GIF, but since the GIF patent has expired, that shouldn't be any
> problem.

this could be a good solution but GIF can only handle 256 indexed
colors, so it's not a good solution for a color picker ;(

the strange thing here is that if i use the tk command ::

COLORGRID_SYS_VGUI3("image create photo img%x -data {%s}\n",x,fdata);

with the fdata being a base64 encoded GIF image it works without the
Tk::Img library , but if You try to do the same with a base64 encoded
PNM image you will need to load the Img library to get it work,  with
this ::

sys_gui("package require Img\n");

otherwise you will get:
"couldn't recognize image data"

it's a really strange thing because PNM is suposed to be also built-in
supported by tk ...

any tips?