[PD] Trax - Sinusoidal Model Synthesis in Pure Data

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 05:34:37 CEST 2008

www.teafordragons.com/rte/trax.html

This is a patch I've been working on for quite some time now, finally
packaged with some documentation and an example qlist with it.  Trax
is a fancy additive synthesizer that stores partials in data
structures and re-synthesizes them using [oscbank~].  It gets the
sinusoidal models from SDIF files with 1TRC frames, which have to be
imported with [sdiflists].  I'd like to know how well it works for
others, it makes great sounds on my Ubuntu laptop, although I had much
worse results on a Macbook.

You can get the externals from cvs or:
www.teafordragons.com/rte/software.html

I personall control Trax with a Wacom Intuos3, so there are mappings
programmed for it that get wacom data using [linuxevent].  *note: I
chose not to use [hid] because it is possible to call the wacom with
[linuxevent /dev/input/wacom], which is always symbolically linked to
the correct /dev/input/event*.  I couldn't ever get [hid] to do find
the wacom on its own, without specifying exactly which event number it
is on.

You can also listen to a couple pieces I wrote using Trax, which also
use other fun Pd stuff and recorded in Ardour:
www.teafordragons.com/rte/music.html

Now, on to SMS, Spectral Model Synthesis, that is..

cheers,
rich