[PD] problems compiling pix_opencv in OSX (Was Re: pdp_opencv & pix_opencv new development)

lluisgomez at hangar.org lluisgomez at hangar.org
Sat Apr 26 04:07:06 CEST 2008

(sorry my last mail was incomplete)

hi marius,
today first time I have tried to compile this objects in macosx with
no success ;( but i had gone a little bit far than you ... i think we
are quite close.

first of all overwrite the Makefile you are using by the one i send
attached in this mail. the one you are using is only for linux.

As I saw you had problems with pkg-config I added two new variables in
the Makefile to fit manually with the CFLAGS and LIBS of openCV.

OPENCV_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include/opencv
OPENCV_LIBS   = -L/usr/local/lib -lcxcore -lcv -lhighgui -lcvaux -lml

As we are using the same openCv port I suppose you will not need to
modify them but ensure are correct values for you.

then do:

   make clean
   make

and now the objects will compile with no problem in macosx.

However, when I try to load any of them PD gives me this error::

/Users/lluisgomezbigorda/pix_opencv/pix_opencv_edge.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Users/lluisgomezbigorda/pix_opencv/pix_opencv_edge.pd_darwin,
10): Symbol not found: __ZN7GemBase10isRunnableEv
   Referenced from:
/Users/lluisgomezbigorda/pix_opencv/pix_opencv_edge.pd_darwin
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Seems a problem with the linkage of the library but I'm really a
neewbe in OSX compilations and don't know how to solve it,
maybe someone more experienced in it can put some light here?

thanks in advance,
ll.