[PD] I'm stuck in a corner, please help! RE: [delta~] object was: Re: Cyclone in vanilla?

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Sat Apr 26 20:05:55 CEST 2008

On 25/04/2008, at 19.25, Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 25/04/2008, at 18.34, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Hallo,
>> Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:
>>
>>> Fundamentally, [z~] is a *very* useful primitive to have
>>
>> I think, fundamentally z~ is just delread~/delwrite~ with a different
>> way to specify delay times, slightly better performance because it
>> doesn't allow many things delread~/delwrite~ can do, and no need
>> to employ two objects. Or am I missing something?
>
> Maybe that your implementation uses an unsupported feature?

I gotta point out that my intention was not to be rude, but rather to
point out that if, and i may very well be wrong, z~ implementations
need dynamic patching which is an unsupported feature then its not a
robust solution hence not the best to add to a printed book.

I'm sorry if i seamed rude, i just tried to be brief.