[PD] I'm stuck in a corner, please help! RE: [delta~] object was: Re: Cyclone in vanilla?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Apr 27 13:14:46 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Steffen Juul hat gesagt: // Steffen Juul wrote:

> I gotta point out that my intention was not to be rude, but rather to
> point out that if, and i may very well be wrong, z~ implementations
> need dynamic patching which is an unsupported feature then its not a
> robust solution hence not the best to add to a printed book.
>
> I'm sorry if i seamed rude, i just tried to be brief.

I didn't think you were rude at all. Note that I only used dynamic
patching in my zel~ example to implement minimized buffer sizes as was
requested.

But I also noted that I consider this a not very useful effort
(premature optimization?): Just make a delwrite that is big enough to
hold several samples and read from that. A delwrite with, say, 10 msec
should cover most uses of a z~ clone. z~ with delays of more than a
handful of samples normally aren't used as these tend to become more like
"real" delays, not like the filter-equation delays z~ was written for.

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht