[PD] polymatrix...patchbay for audio and anything

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Apr 27 15:00:50 CEST 2008

Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
> Am 25.04.2008 um 12:48 schrieb hard off:
>
>> who thought of mtx_*~ though???  a bit over the top isn't it?
>
> why "over the top" ??

as i understood hardoff's remark, [mtx_*~] is a bit overpowered to do
mere routing (being able to mix signals, have any gain and doing
interpolation) and thus a potential waste of ressources. (cf: "mit
kanonen auf spatzen schießen")

nevertheless, [mtx_*~] should be rather optimized when dealing with
multiplication of "1" and "0".

speaking of this, i now remember that i do have 2 audio-routing matrices
in zexy: [demux~] and [mux~] (for pd-extended users these are probably
called [demultiplex~] and [multiplex~])
they have been written as counterparts to the full-featured [matrix~]
(now [mtx_*~]), but as you probably have guessed from my lack of memory,
i hardly ever (actually quite never) use it...

fgmaser
IOhannes