[PD] Data Structure

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 28 09:16:28 CEST 2008

Hallo,
matohawk hat gesagt: // matohawk wrote:

> I have a question about 07.Sequencer patch in 4.data.structures, I see
> this message
> ;
> pd-data sort
>
> what is of use it?

This sends the message "sort" to the automatically created receiver of
the [pd data] subpatch, similar to [;pd-data clear(.

"sort" will sort the list of data items in the subpatch according to
their x-position. Data items are stored as a linked list: Each item in
this list contains the actual data and a reference to the
next list item. So the traversal of the list in [pd data] normally
depends on the order, the items were created. After "sort" the
traversal happens according to x-position, as each list item's
"next"-reference is updated to point to the next item to the right
according to x-coordinate.

Ciao