[PD] continuous dropouts in windows, probably memory issue

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:09:20 CEST 2008

> In the Task Manager, under the "Processes" tab, you can get more
> detailed memory info by turning them on in Edit->Select Columns...
> You can get swap activity among other things.

Oh thanks, I'll try that out and let you know what I find out.

> Oops, assuming you are  on Windows.

Yes I am.

> If there is a heavy GUI, then there could be a problem with a lot of
> communication between the pd and pd-gui processes.

This is not the case. I eliminated all the GUI and the problem persists.
There is really nothing "going on" in the patch except the oscillator
playing a 500Hz sinusoid.
Everything else is idle (I mean doing nothing) as far as it depends on me.
Nothing is generating messages. Things are just there, and
abstraction/subpatches containing dsp stuff are all switched off.
If PD is doing something it is doing it on its own initiative.

> Also, this message is really long.  It's best to include a short
> summary at the top, then the lengthy details later.  More people will
> read the message then.

Yes you're perfectly right.
Thanks for the advice.