[PD] Newbie request

Hugh Sung hughsung at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:09:29 CEST 2008

Hello!  I'm new to PD and was wondering if i could get a "working start" -

i'd like to someday be able to create a PD applet that can take audio input
from a microphone and convert the sounds to text that can simultaneously be
applied to a concurrently running program, like a word processor or a
presentation program that accepts alpha-numeric input to trigger events.
Can someone create a PD example that does the following:

1.  echo Alpha/numeric characters based on variable pitch
2.  echo alpha/numeric characters based on volume
3.  echo alpha/numeric characters based on rhythm (ie, number of pulses per
second or minute)

Sorry if this sounds simplistic - if i can see an example of a PD patch that
can incorporate these elements, that will go a LONG way to helping me learn
how to program PD on my own!

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions, PD list!

--
Hugh Sung
www.hughsung.com