[PD] Newbie request

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:14:14 CEST 2008

speech to text in opensource software is still poor, and even poorer for
languages other than english. afaik pd also doesnot have a builtin
solution for that. you could try to use a different program for that and
parse the text, or you could try more basic approaches within pd (like
pitch recognition, amplitude/envelope following, or rhythm/melody
recognition.
I am sure there are some commercial solutions out there (like in the
iphone) that have good speech-to-text recognition, including dictionaries.
sorry that this probably is no real help for you, maybe someone else
knows more?
marius.