[PD] Newbie request

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:45:12 CEST 2008

As for forwarding keypresses and mouse events to an application ...

I have done this in Windows to control FLStudio (aka FruityLoops) by
sending menu events and keypresses through python windows scripting,
pywinauto, and osc in python.

I have info and code on my website.  It should still work but it's a bit
old (2006) and I don't use Windows anymore.

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 13:05 -0400, marius schebella wrote:

> fiddle~ comes with pd (look in the "extra" folder), there is a help
> patch that will explain how it works.
> hope this helps.
> marius.
>
> Hugh Sung wrote:
> > i'm not familiar with that program - can you provide a link to fiddle~,
> > or any other program that can easily do what i'm looking for with all
> > the various parameters?
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM, marius schebella
> > <marius.schebella at gmail.com <mailto:marius.schebella at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hugh Sung wrote:
> >
> >         Actually, this isn't for speech recognition - i'm trying to come
> >         up with a simple way to use key triggers to activate visuals.
> >
> >         For example:  if the piano plays A440, i'm presuming PD can be
> >         configured to recognize that pitch with a microphone input and
> >         then echo out a text string - the letter "A", perhaps.
> >

> >     in that case, you best use fiddle~. what's the other program? does
> >     it accept network communication? then you can send the letters over
> >     tcp or udp connection (netsend).
> >     marius.
> >

> > --
> > Hugh Sung