[PD] msd feature request

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 30 11:19:53 CEST 2008

Hi

marius schebella a écrit :
> hi,
> I know, I am already too old for posting feature requests. I was just
> thinking that I miss the ability to damp the speed of masses in msd.
> right now I am using something like
> mass mass1 1 100 0 0
> mass mass2 1 100 1 0
> link l mass1 mass2 10 10 0 0.01 0
> link l 1
> I want that the masses reject each other within a certain range
To do that, you must link masses with a link with a Lmax value
corresponding to the length of the link, for example:
link rebound mass1 mass2 10 10 0 1
> and then
> just reduce speed and stop if the speed is lower than a certain threshold.

The way to do that is to use some tangeantial link, simulating fluid
resistance, you must introduce a resisting point:
mass m0 0 100 0 0
and then
link damping mass0 mass1 0 3
for the mass1
there is a damping in the msd/02_msdstring example

Nicolas