[PD] [GEM] crash in fedora ehn opening patch

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 1 14:34:38 CEST 2008

Jaime Oliver wrote:
> Hello I am trying to open the attached patch in Fedora 8, but just
> crashes. It opens perfectly in OSX.
>
> Right after opening the patch i get the following message
>
> [joliverl at maquina bin]$ ./pd
> Pd: signal 4
> TIFFOpen: /home/joliverl/Desktop/VIVO test 2/./img/shipibo.JPG: Cannot open.
> pd_gui: pd process exited
>
> does anyone have any idea why this could be?

does the image exist? if so, is the image-file valid? (try opening it
with another image-viewer)

it might be related to the C++exception-vs-openGL(nvidia) bug (which is
not Gem specific but a problem with the drivers (or something else);
there is an outstanding bug-report on debian for years...)

fgmasdr
IOhannes