[PD] gem crash using fglrx driver in ubuntu

Philip Rivera retrogradeprogression at gmail.com
Thu May 1 16:55:29 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I'm running ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron on my macbook pro, and everything
seems to be in good working order, except when I try and create a gem
window.  The moment I create a gem window, X11 crashes and restarts.  If
I take away the fglrx driver and use the opensource version of ati's
drivers, it seems to work just fine, but I'd prefer not to have to use
one driver for pd/gem and another for everything else since it screws
with my xorg.conf when i switch in between.  Any of you hard-core linux
guys know a workaround for this, like a setting in a config file or
something of that nature?

Andy