[PD] GEM: something wrong with help patches location

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:19:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've just installed the latest 0.91 beta GEM version for windows, using the
.bat installer that comes in the package, which copies all help and
documentation files where (supposedly) needed.
I installed it over a pd-vanilla 0.41-2.

In the installer patch I edited the following lines:

    REM where does PD reside ??
    set PDPATH="%PROGRAMFILES%\pd 0.41-2"
    REM which pd-version do we have ?
    set PDVERSION=0.41

If I create an [alpha] or [color] or [gemwin], [gemhead], [pix_texture],
[rectangle] or ALMOST any objects, and then right-click on them and select
"help", I get the message:

   sorry, couldn't find help patch for "alpha.pd"

But I do can get the help patch for [pix_film] and [pix_movie] !!!! (they
seem to be the only 2 objects whose help I can open, among the ones I have
tried).

What am I doing wrong?

I now see that all the help patches have been copied to
%PDPATH%/extra/help-Gem

I have also tried by manually copying them also into
%PDPATH%/doc/5.reference/gem
but it doesn't work either.

Where should I put the help patches???

On another machine where I installed an older version of GEM it used to
work......