[PD] How to get / search the subpatch object / connection list

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 1 23:58:27 CEST 2008

Hi all, hope you're well.

I'm trying to work out how to build meta patches properly. I've made subpatches that assemble large numbers of GUI objects, but I'd really like to be able to call abstractions on-the-fly, and build the connections between them and the mixer / dac~. The thing is though, unless you limit yourself to a subpatch where the connections are only made automatically rather than with the mouse, as soon as you edit the subpatch the information you store about the order of creation and deletion is corrupted.

So somehow I want to be able to search the object/connection list of the patch that I'm in, to determine where in the object list I currently am, so that I can make connections between created objects knowing which number object the new one will be.

Or perhaps I need to receive a message from pd, to let me know when a change has been made. Is there any way to get this info?

Maybe my thinking is not so clear about this - in short I want to have "auto-creation and connection" at any point in the edit process. I know it's possible, but I'm not so sure where to look.

Ed

Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.myspace.com/sharktracks

Yahoo! For Good. Give and get cool things for free, reduce waste and help our planet. Plus find hidden Yahoo! treasure

http://green.yahoo.com/uk/earth-day/