[PD] http, html and textfiles

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri May 2 17:54:09 CEST 2008

If you have pd extended you can use the mrpeach/tcpclient to retrieve the
page and the mrpeach/str object to snip the data on any character or
position. You have to enter things like spaces and backslashes as their
decimal equivalent though. An important pair is 10 13 for CR LF. It works
better if you are accessing simple web pages, especially if you are printing
out the characters as they arrive. Neither http or html know about fonts,
it's all pure ascii text.

Martin