[PD] turn on/off patches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 3 13:04:19 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Marko Timlin hat gesagt: // Marko Timlin wrote:

> And I want to move from one patch to the other, using them like a kind of presets.
> Is it possible to turn a whole patch on and off? If yes does anybody know how?

You can use [switch~] to turn on and off audio computation per canvas
(including subcanvases IIRC). Make sure you're not sending any messages
to included [vline~] objects anymore, their CPU and memory consumption
may grow too much. Message computation only happens, when messages are
sent, so there's no need to turn off these parts of patches manually:
just don't send messages there. For Gem you can also either inhibit
message passing or switch off the gemheads.

Ciao
--
Frank