[PD] ANN - Gesture Recognition Capabilities

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Sun May 4 08:37:34 CEST 2008

Hallo!

> in the description of the algorithm they talk about some pending
> patents... I guess they use more than simple ann comparison to get this
> working in realtime on a game console.

Yes, I also would not use a feedforward neural network (as implemented
in ann) for this. You have to use a model which also incorporates time.

For example a hidden markov model or echo state network (= special kind
of recurrent neural network) should work.

(The second is currently the topic of my thesis - so maybe I will make
some similar examples in summer, when I have some time again ... ;)

LG
Georg