[PD] collaborative live coding

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Sun May 4 22:18:14 CEST 2008

Hi IOhannes,

Thanks for answering quickly, I like the name peerdata :-)!

I *think* things are going ok since I get this when I start the proxy
with './startPROXY.sh' :

sys_nmidiin 0, nmidiindev 0
tk scaling is 1.82078853047
matchbox: OSC-pattern matching code (c) Matt Wright, CNMAT
etc...

Then ./startDSP doesn't post anything (or return an error).

But then, I get :
alx at tatlin:~/Documents/src/peerdata/peerdata$ ./startGUI.sh 192.168.0.148
% wrong # args: should be "pdtk_pd_startup version apilist midiapilist
fontname"

I get another PD instance in which I can't load the audio + midi test patch.
It loads a new patch named 'x82418f0'. I am able to create a new patch but I
can't create an object within.  I get this ->

'unable to create stub object in closed canvas!'
and
'can't read "pd_apilist": no such variable'

From the FAQ, I found I should do the following as a workaround :

alx at tatlin:~/Documents/src/peerdata/peerdata$ cd /usr/local/lib/pd &&
pd -guiport 5500

But it fails to open a new instance of pd (it hangs without returning an
error).

How do I get pd to find these tk variables?

Cheers,

Alexandre