[PD] IP camera and pidip

Olivier Heinry olivier at heinry.fr
Mon May 5 12:01:13 CEST 2008

Le Thu, 01 May 2008 03:46:31 +0200,
ydegoyon at free.fr a écrit :

> ola,
>
> >Ola Sevy,
>

> >I've been trying your "trick" ith an Axis 214 and I only get a black screen.

> >Any idea what's gone wrong?
>
> >Bye
>
> >O.
>
> i guess you have to find a format coming out of your camera
> that mplayer can decode ( first try to play it ),
> then next errors form pdp_rawin come from the wrong decoded data
>
> i don't have no ip cam, sorry, can't help more

Hi,

actually mencoder really dislikes mjpeg streams, but copes quite well with mpeg4.

The problem was with pdp_glx , as soon as I switched to pdp_xv, i got a picture, not quite the quality I expect but  a picture still. I googled a bit and foudn this :

http://mcs.hackitectura.net/tiki-index.php?page=mplayer+and+pdp_raw

I then added the [pdp_convert image/*/*

but still i get the repeated message "not a pdp image" on the console when using pdp_glx

++

O.