[PD] UI developer volunteering to help

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Mon May 5 14:49:07 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 12:21 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I've never worked with that, however I'm always irritated, when
> patching environments have their cord connections flow left to right
> instead of top to bottom. IMO that's such a waste of space in
> languages, that are written horizontally. If you look at the "Midi to
> Poly" object here: http://synthmaker.co.uk/images/components%20L.png
> you'll see that most of it is just an empty grey rectangle, whose
> width is just there to make room for the object name. If the
> in/outlets were top and bottom as in Pd and Max, the box could be much
> smaller without losing any information.

I agree.

However, I'm quite warming to chord-less patching a la circle:

http://www.futureaudioworkshop.com/

IMO, this looks like a really nice and well-thought-through UI. Although
I am definitely not suggesting Pd should go down that route -- Pd and
Circle are two very different beasts!

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk